Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Argentina: A Goblin at the Cemetery?

Source: Planeta UFO and INFOBAE de Buenos Aires
Date: 03.09.08


Argentina: A Goblin at the Cemetery?

[Readers of Inexplicata over the years will remember the reports of strange imps, goblins or other diminutive creatures which, according to experts and some clergymen, appear to be more frequent in the days leading up to Holy Week--Ed.]

A group of teenagers allegedly recorded the apparition when they were chatting at a streetcorner in the early hours of the morning. Sigthing causes fear among local residents

"We were chatting about our latest fishing expedition. The time was 1:00 a.m. I began fillming them with my cellphone while they clowned around. Suddently, I heard as if someone were tossing pebbles at us. I looked to one side and noticed that the bushes were moving," recalls Jose, thinking back to the strange evening.

"I thought it was a dog, but when I saw that imp-shaped figure appear, I became very frightened. I recorded it for a little while, then we all took off runing," said the youth, who managed to capture the incident on his cellphone.

The strange event occurred in General Guemes, Salta Province. A group of youths had gathered at one of the last blocks of the San Isidro neighborhood, next to the local graveyard. Their animated exchange was interrupted by a strange sound. When they looked toward the bushes, the noticed that a strange figure was moving away with short hops, according to the El Tribuno newspaper.

"This is no joke. We are still afraid to walk past the place, just like the neighbors. One of my friends was so frigthened we had to take him to the hospital," stressed Jose.

(Translation (c) 2008. S. Corrales, IHU. Special thanks to Guillermo Gimenez)